Monday, May 7, 2012

Food and Books

Well, while the original experiment with my roommate with the allergies has ended, I'm still cooking, quite happily.

I always seem to have an abundance of parsley around - the fresh stuff. And I'll blame this on The Hunger Games.

See, my roommate and I who still cook together stumbled upon this recipe for rabbit stew in The Unofficial Hunger Games cookbook, and it calls for fresh parsley, but not much.

But, then there are the rolls. Now this was originally a pot pie topping, but they make great rolls by themselves:

2 cups Self Rising Flour
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sour cream (give or take a little)
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp fresh herbs

Mix thoroughly - it will still be slightly sticky - and put on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 10-20 minutes, or until golden brown and delicious.

But this still leaves me with way too much parsley. I found a pasta and white sauce recipe that I can drown a cup of it in, hopefully that will be enough!

Edit:

Okay so this recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alfredo-Mostaccioli/Detail.aspx with some elk sausage mixed in was wonderful! I added a dash of white wine and it was wonderful! I don't recommend adding any salt, especially with the sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment